Newry.ie

Sinn Féin MLA and Newry and Armagh Westminster candidate Mickey Brady has said he will not be deterred by a third death threat within 24 hours. 

Speaking after the latest threat, Mr Brady said "On Monday I was told by the PSNI that a threat has been made against my life. I was then told that a second threat had been received, in a phone call, in the early hours of Tuesday morning. 

Mickey Brady
Mickey Brady

"This was followed by a bomb threat at my family home this morning. Nothing was found following a search by the PSNI but this was a terrifying experience for my neighbours. 

"These threats come on the heels of threats made against my party colleague Conor Murphy and the cowardly attack carried out by criminal elements on local republican Frank McCabe Junior, who was badly injured in a bomb attack near his home in Cullyhanna in February.

"Those responsible for this latest threat obviously did not get the message that I will not be deterred from working for the community and carrying out my duties as a Sinn Féin representative. 

“Sinn Fein will not be intimidated.

"I have been heartened by the support I have received from across the constituency and will continue to campaign to retain the Newry and Armagh seat for Sinn Féin and represent everyone equally." 

 

Pin It

DONATE

Please consider supporting Newry.ie

Amount

FOLLOW NEWRY.IE

 

 

Newry.ie require Cookies on some parts of our site to enable full functionality. By using Newry.ie you consent to our use of Cookies. You can use your browser settings to disable cookies on this or any other website.